Meet Our Groups
OpenDoors is a social activity group for the LGBT community and most importantly our straight allies. OpenDoors AZ gets together to eat, play and socialize. We are about making a difference within our community both locally and around the world. Open Doors AZ prides itself on diversity; membership is all inclusive, making it a great way to meet new people in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area.
OpenDoors AZ was founded in December of 2010. In the past year OpenDoors AZ has grown to more than 4000 likes on Facebook and more than 1,300 members on Meetup.com. We have hosted over 300 events all with the goal of helping our LGBT community get plugged in with a healthier alternative from the typical bar scene.
In the last two years OpenDoors has opened three new chapters in China in the cities of Beijing, Hangzhou and Shanghai. The group has grown to thousands of international members. The expansion of OpenDoors has been a complete blessing in my life. If you are interested in opening a chapter please do not hesitate to contact me.
The group for the first time ever is charging members in Arizona $20 a year to be a part of this group. The money raised goes first and foremost into this group In addition to helping create other groups in second and third world countries. The decision has not come with its share of controversy. I want to make it very clear you are not paying for friendship, but rather helping the LGBT community on a global scale. If you don't want to pay please still be a part of this group, but all I ask is for you to message me first.
GROUP GUIDELINES - PLEASE READ!
These guidelines are designed to help make sure that we keep an active, safe and fun group for everyone.
1. If you join the group, please participate in events. We like to meet new members and welcome them to the OpenDoors family!
2. Please RSVP to the events that you would like to attend. The RSVPs help us make the proper arrangements and plans to accommodate everyone.
3. If you RSVP to an event, please show up. We understand that plans may change at the last minute. Please make sure to update your RSVP.
4. Members who RSVP to an event and fail to show up without updating their RSVP may be removed from the group.
5. The safety of our OpenDoors family will always be a priority. Anyone caught causing harm or harassing any of our members will be removed.
Welcome to OpenDoors, and have fun! We are here to meet new friends and to encourage others in the spirit of love, happiness and friendship.
For More Information Please Visit:
OpenDoorsAz Meetup Page
OpenDoors Facebook Group
If you have an iPhone, you can download the Meetup iPhone app here directly from Apple's App Store.
If you're using an Android device, your version of the Meetup app can be found at Google's Play Store here.
Sincerely & Respectfully,
AJ (Founder of OpenDoors)